NAVHDA test question

You can just run the UT test. The NA test is a nice prep for it though. Even if the dog doesn't need it, it is good experience for the handler, who usually does lol.

LOL yeah that is true. I have never ran a test before but I've been to a few. Reason why I'm asking is timing if dog is over 16 month old it is not eligible for the NA test correct.

That's correct. If the pup is too old for the na and you don't feel she is ready for the ut, you could also do the upt, although I would probably just do the ut anyway at that point.

You can still run the dog in NA you just can't get a prize for it. How much have you been working with the dog?

Been working every day since I got her in Feb. Only reason I didn't test her was I could not do any water work with her due to weather and cold temps. I did have out a few weeks ago in water and she did fine but I'm just taking my time with her I'm in no rush

If you have never run a test might as well run the pup. Sounds like your in the same boat as me and you need more practice then the dog! :)

Yeah for sure. I missed the few test I had close to home so now I need to drive a bit for them which is ok. Give me a chance to go on a road trip maybe do some fishing while away.

Back