Native birds

msheald

I just have moved here from Pennnsylvania, alll the birds there are stocked by the Game Commision. Is there any native birds in Ohio or are they all stocked also

There are pockets of wild birds in a few areas the Williams, Defiance and Fulton County area, also west Central Ohio not sure of the Counties though. DNR does stock birds at certain state owned properties and they post when and where in the fall. I have hunted in Willims county area and never successfully killed any birds did see several long flushes for a total of maybe 5 or 6 birds. The numbers are not great and I would consider shooting a bird out that way special just because the numbers are not plain state great and permission is always tough to get.

thanks

There are pockets of wild birds in a few areas the Williams, Defiance and Fulton County area, also west Central Ohio not sure of the Counties though. DNR does stock birds at certain state owned properties and they post when and where in the fall. I have hunted in Willims county area and never successfully killed any birds did see several long flushes for a total of maybe 5 or 6 birds. The numbers are not great and I would consider shooting a bird out that way special just because the numbers are not plain state great and permission is always tough to get.

Thank you for the insight

Back