My pheasant gun?

fadetoblack188

What’s up guys. I have an older Remington 1100 magnum. I heard they only shoot 3 inch rounds or a 2 3/4 magnum round. Do they stay make 2 3/4 magnum rounds for pheasant?

I also have a benelli super sport. But I feel this isn’t ideal for pheasants? Would you agree?

The 2 3/4 inch Mag. in 12 ga. typically had 1 1/2 oz. of shot. I don't think anyone makes that load anymore, but I could be wrong. However, Federal, Remington and Fiocchi all make a 2 3/4" load with 1 3/8 oz. of shot. And some of these are also higher velocity so I would think they would work. You might also try some of the high velocity 1 1/4 oz. Premium loads from Federal and see if they will function in your 1100. All the above are loads with lead shot.

I agree w/ Zeb. While you don't see loads actually called "Magnum" much anymore, some of them still exist. You just need to be more cognizant of the load specs (obviously weight & velocity) in your search. The trend has been to decrease the weight a bit & increase the velocity, sometimes quite significantly. I believe there would be loads from most major manufacturers that your 1100 would cycle reliably.

Also, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a SuperSport for pheasants. Great gun. Light. Reliable. Granted, a Benelli receiver w/ a 28 or 30-inch barrel gets a little long. But if you're comfortable carrying & shooting it, then so what??

My pheasant hunting buddy used to use a Benelli SuperSport and did quite well with it. He has moved on to a Benelli 828 O/U but keeps the SuperSport as a back-up on our hunts.

Remington Winchester 12ga 2 3/4 inch 1 1/4oz load at 1330FPS will work in your 1100 as I have been useing one for the last 40 plus years.
Yes they still make 12ga Magmun shells.

Back