Muck/Rubber Boots For Upland

westksbowhunter

Who wears muck style boots for upland hunting and what are your favorites? I am done with lace up boots for several reasons. One they always manage to leak at some point, I am always re-tying the laces, and I hate bending over to lace them up. I miss the speed laces and wind up skipping a lace, etc. I love my Muck Wetlands boots but I do worry about sweat when wearing them all day for upland hunting but I do like the comfort and slipping them on. Was thinking of trying these.

I have used Mucks starting with the 2021 season. I don't have the zip up, just the regular chore boot type. I only use them in the wet/mud. I don't really care to wear them otherwise. I've worn them for long periods but I don't really feel those are all day boots for me. Not enough support and my socks end up feeling damp/wet after a few hours.

That said, I'm glad I have them when it's wet and muddy.

I bought these in June from Northwoods for $73 shipped to the door. Replace the pair I bought in 2021 which caught on something and tore. I patched them up and use them around the yard when it's wet. Wanted new ones for SD.

I used to wear a Muck boot for most of my upland hunting and looking back at it I hated the time I spent wearing them.

They're great for what they're designed for, to keep your feet dry in wet and mud but in my opinion and experience, not designed for all day wearing. My feet would sweat and they killed my shins for some reason wearing them on long days. I also got burned by Muck boots on 3 pairs a few years ago, I couldn't get a pair that didn't leak. I kept exchanging them, and they kept leaking right out of the box. So I switched to Irish Setter branded rubber boots. I still don't wear them for long hikes but they don't leak when I wear them.

They have a place for sure, but not on my feet in the uplands. I need the protection and support from a quality leather boot that conforms to my feet. Wet and muddy scream for Mucks. I love putting my boots on, but I love taking them off after a longer day and swap out for slippers.
Snow in the forecast, get the Mucks.

I have a pair of Muck boots that were made for upland hunting. Lace up, traditional looking boot that they stopped making several years ago but I wear them when I'm hunting late season in cold weather. Warm, rubber lace up with neoprene insulation and completely waterproof. Pretty comfortable too.

I have a pair of Muck boots that were made for upland hunting. Lace up, traditional looking boot that they stopped making several years ago but I wear them when I'm hunting late season in cold weather. Warm, rubber lace up with neoprene insulation and completely waterproof. Pretty comfortable too.
How about these?

I remember benelli banger loves them and it's about all he wears, been through many pairs he said. For warmer weather he always said the same thing, get the chore cool.

If I ever get another pair this will be it. I have a pair right now, only wear them when I have to. Leather boots have always been my preferred choice. Ankle support, fit, etc.

I wear them in the early season as I hunt mostly cattail sloughs. Once everything freezes up I switch to insulated leather boots. I don't mind the muck style at all, they just don't last very long.

50% of the time I am wearing Frogg Togg hip boots. I am fortunate that almost nothing bothers my feet. I can and do wear them all day.

Last edited:
Have a nice pair of insulated lacrosse muck boots. Think they are 1200g or whatever. They are nice and definitely waterproof but they are heavy. I switched back to some regular lace up hunting boots ( Rockies I think) and they are so much lighter and feel sooo much better.

Couple hours walking in the lacrosse once I was so incredibly sore. And I am a young athletic guy. That being said im sure there are lighter muck boots out there. Mine are probably 9 years old now.

Have a nice pair of insulated lacrosse muck boots. Think they are 1200g or whatever. They are nice and definitely waterproof but they are heavy. I switched back to some regular lace up hunting boots ( Rockies I think) and they are so much lighter and feel sooo much better.

Couple hours walking in the lacrosse once I was so incredibly sore. And I am a young athletic guy. That being said im sure there are lighter muck boots out there. Mine are probably 9 years old now.

1200g insulation pheasant hunting! My feet would burn 🔥 off chasing the dogs around.

Man wearing rubber boots putting in the miles we do is the worst experience. My feet would be raw. I wear leather lace ups….and you’re 💯 that they will
Leak. Which is why I’ve moved to sealskinz socks. Problem solved. Well fitting boot, no blisters. Dry feet. My 2 cents

Back