Mountain quail approaching!

quail hound

There are tons of mountain quail in my slice of the woods this year. If I figure out how to post pics again I'll try to share some of my pup on our recent scouting trips. Good luck to everyone heading out!:cheers:

Bummer, the forest road to my favorite mountain quail spots is closed due to a wildfire. I'm hoping the fire doesn't make it into my spots but it's not looking good right now.

There are tons of mountain quail in my slice of the woods this year. If I figure out how to post pics again I'll try to share some of my pup on our recent scouting trips. Good luck to everyone heading out!:cheers:

Robert, did you go dove hunting this year?

Yes sir. It was pretty good the first half hour of shooting light and then died.

Yes sir. It was pretty good the first half hour of shooting light and then died.

A friend of my dad's goes to Madera every opener to hunt dove. The past two years they have not done well. They saw few birds before the opener and he took only took three shots in a day and a half of hunting

Sorry for the delay guys but I just relearned how to upload pics. Mountain quail season has been pretty good so far though the birds were pretty scattered opening weekend. The pups is coming along pretty well, she's pointed handful of covies and followed up singles respectively as well for how green she is. I'm definitely having fun watching her grow.

View attachment 7491View attachment 7492View attachment 7493View attachment 7494

Back