Mountain Lions in Kansas?

we had one hit on 24 highway just west of perry 2 summers ago! And then this past summer I was on my way back from Emporia and i saw one hit on the Turnpike

I'm glad people have been able to produce evidence. I bet it was incredibly exciting for the hunter in the tree stand.:eek:

I could swear I saw one last year, but it all happend so fast I can't really say for sure. Lots of people say they have seen them, but don't have proof. Most of the stories that get passed around are just hoaxes...:mad:

My biggest fear when I'm out hunting is that the dog will have a tussle with a skunk. I would also like to avoid any other varmints that won't run from a dog, like a porky or a badger... or even a snake if the weather is warm...:eek: I don't think I'll lose any sleep this season worrying about mountain lions.;)

My wife, sons and myself saw one at the ranch in 1986. Recently, a lady running the riverbed west of Dodge saw one(probably true). There was a very recent report about five miles from the ranch from a man I know that is a crop scout and I would believe what he says.

I am looking for a "saddle rifle" for the ATV. Something in maybe a lever action .30-30. I believe they are here and have been all along. With my young calves I intend to be prepared for whatever happens to threaten them.

There was a bobcat dead in the road a mile from the ranch yesterday. I have encountered bobcats while pheasant hunting and, fortunately, kept my dog from a conflict with one. The thing that worries me out here on the treeless prairie is that there are no trees for the cat to escape.

There was a bobcat dead in the road a mile from the ranch yesterday. I have encountered bobcats while pheasant hunting and, fortunately, kept my dog from a conflict with one. The thing that worries me out here on the treeless prairie is that there are no trees for the cat to escape.
I agree M. R., if they have no way to escape they will stand there ground and the ending probably isn't going to be pretty.

Back