Most looking forward too

What you guys all die:eek: Lounge has been slow. So I came up with this brain busting question that you guys can't resist not answering:D What wild beast are you looking forward to hunting the most this year:) Maybe it's a bullfrog or rabbit or mouse:D I hope it's none of them, but it's ok if it is. I'm saying duck:thumbsup: We are having a terrible dought but I like a challenge. And I got a craving for duck and rice:)

Maybe it's a bullfrog or rabbit or mouse:D QUOTE]

Well, for my 7 and 10yo boys a couple nights ago, it was bullfrogs. My youngest suggested they put a show on TV called "Froggers" and they could follow us around. We took 30 of those "beasts" home and the boys are pretty excited about eating them:)

I hate to admit it but the animals I'm focusing on this winter are the long-tailed, tree-rat and rabbits. I've never hunted either of them with any sort of serious intent, but it's something the boys can shoot close to home. I suppose we are rabbit hunters/rodent eaters now. I will not be hunting mice...this season:D

Last edited:
Cootie . . . what load do you recommend for wild rice?

What you guys all die:eek: Lounge has been slow. So I came up with this brain busting question that you guys can't resist not answering:D What wild beast are you looking forward to hunting the most this year:) Maybe it's a bullfrog or rabbit or mouse:D I hope it's none of them, but it's ok if it is. I'm saying duck:thumbsup: We are having a terrible dought but I like a challenge. And I got a craving for duck and rice:)

If you are having terrible dought, why are you doing it?

I only had a Elk license until the other day! Then a Rancher called and said he had a Landowner antelope Voucher and he stopped by the house and gave it to me!! Doe !! But, I am chasing Mountain chickens and getting more addicted and plan on going for 1 more on the Bucket list this Weekend( Sharpies) then Blues again!!!! Wild Rice And Mountain Chickens sound really Good!!! Dutch Oven of Course!!!! Some Black Kettle Vittles YUMMMMM!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

It's not that dry guys. theres allittle water around. Worse that's going to happen is I get zero:(. Which seems to be the same # of pheasant we have in Iowa.
Smoke bomb for the gophers Got a leaf blower? leaf blower on slow idle smoke will rise from every hole:thumbsup: worked for me.

I mostly look forward to whatever season is next. Phez/quail is too far away to get excited about yet. Prairie chix and archery deer are about a week away.

I'm excited for prairie chicken just to get the dogs out and really run the wizz out of them. I might shoot one this season, or might just enjoy the sunshine and cool mornings and let 'em all fly. I don't know yet. The dogs have some serious wheels this year since we've been running every day. I'm kind of excited to see how that translates to their range out on the big, open prairie.:thumbsup:

For some reason, I haven't been as pumped up about archery deer this year as I was last year. But I'm sure I'll come around...:D

Back