Montevideo/Lac Qui Parle area

birdshooter

Me and the dogs hunted all day on Black Friday hitting as many good Public areas as I could. Lot of guys out so competition was pretty high for spots. Shot 1 young rooster (only one I saw) and only saw a few other hens entire day. There is still a fair amount of corn still up in this area, but it was coming out fast that day as the combines were out in force.

This balmy weather needs to change and it looks like it might. Lets hope it drives some of those birds into the heavy cover.

Tom

Brother-in-law and I were out that way on Friday as well. We may have been some of your competition for the WMA's. We hit one of our favorites right away and saw a lot of birds during the day. Mostly flushing wild. Seemed like they were all sticking in the heavy cover. What a beautiful day for a walk though!

Good to hear you guys at least saw a bunch of birds. I was a little late getting out to the area so the first few spots I had planned to stop at were already being walked. Snooze you lose I guess.

It was a nice day for a walk. i hate to say this, but I'm hoping for a little snow and cold to put the odds more in our favor soon.

Last edited:
Shooter,

I agree, that would help out. However, this might have been my last trip for the year. Maybe with luck I will make it out again, but if that had to be my last day for this season I will take it.

Back