Montana Teaser

CO_Weimar

Made a trip up to Montana last week for some bird hunting, it was a good trip. :)
We hit BMAs and some private land around Miles City, Wolf Point, Ft Benton and Lewistown. Ended up with quite a few birds - Pheasants, Huns and Sharptail Grouse.

Took our Weim, Blitz along for the trip, after spending the summer with Ben Garcia. I was really impressed - he handled well and no more leaping into the sky after birds!

22757077695_b9d310be56.jpg

2 Sharpies and a Hun. Bagged a rooster earlier in the day.

22743530722_6805b21407.jpg

Two roosters near Ft. Benton

22134313174_d751a5a4bf.jpg

Limited out on the last day near Lewistown.

Looking forward to hunting in Nebraska and Colorado soon.

:cheers:

Great pics! I'm thinking about a trip in the Miles City area, around Musselshell. I have some family up in that area.:cheers:

Thanks!
It was a great trip. I will definitely be heading back up to Miles City again next year. Montana is great and some of the BMAs are both huge and incredible. We hit our usual areas around Ft Benton and Lewistown, but wanted to hit some areas in eastern Montana. We didn't do much scouting other than Google Maps and BMA maps. A couple of BMAs were busts, but we found birds everywhere else. We spent the better part of a day on a single BMA near Miles City ... finally got into some Sharpies and had a great time chasing them around.

:cheers:

Back