Montana hunting

Mail me a 6 pack of PBR and I will see what info I can find for you. Just an FYI... usually driving 72 Fords in Montana also work at getting access to good wild bird populations.

Mail me a 6 pack of PBR and I will see what info I can find for you. Just an FYI... usually driving 72 Fords in Montana also work at getting access to good wild bird populations.
Ha.PBR, old pick up trucks, it's the ticket to access to good Bird hunting. I'm not going to pay to hunt.Hunting, in itself, is expensive. I did hunt a very expensive place near Dixon South Dakota, but my Dad paid.It was 15 years ago, or so.It was 400 dollars a day! Nice house, they took my dad and I out in a huge bus.That bus thing was strange.It was in mid March. Decent food, nice people.These places cater to wealthy, city people mostly.I think it was called the circle CE.ranch.

If you we're in SD in mid March, you were not hunting, you were shooting glorified chickens....and $400 is a lot for a chicken.
Yep, my dad didn't shoot any, but I got a whole bunch.It was interesting hunting a farm, cut specifically for pheasant hunting. I'm not saying it was difficult, but it wasn't a canned hunt.It was somewhere in the middle.The guide didn't know a he'll of a lot about Bird hunting, in my opinion.

"The guide didn't know a he'll of a lot about Bird hunting, in my opinion"....hmmm, sounds like someone I see post on this forum quite a bit, of course, I would change he'll to hell, right D.A.?

"The guide didn't know a he'll of a lot about Bird hunting, in my opinion"....hmmm, sounds like someone I see post on this forum quite a bit, of course, I would change he'll to hell, right D.A.?
Let it suffice to say, I have thousands of hours in the field, and have taken 100's of birds, so I am qualified to post on this site.

....but it wasn't a canned hunt.It was somewhere in the middle.

Goose, this isn't a commentary on your skill, your opinions, or your truck. Simply would like to know what you consider a "canned hunt". As you likely know, hunting taking place in SD in March would be on a private preserve, & they're required by law to release at least 1 rooster for every 1 shot, with a minimum of 600 released (if less than 600 are shot). So on a preserve that'd been open since September, by March my guess would be a person is shooting nearly 100% pen-raised birds. Is THAT a canned hunt, or are you referring to some other aspect(s) of hunting preserves?

Let it suffice to say, I have thousands of hours in the field, and have taken 100's of birds, so I am qualified to post on this site.

Who you trying to convince....me...or YOU? Your babblings say a hell of a lot about you, you are a legend in your own mind son, that is all, period.

Goose, this isn't a commentary on your skill, your opinions, or your truck. Simply would like to know what you consider a "canned hunt". As you likely know, hunting taking place in SD in March would be on a private preserve, & they're required by law to release at least 1 rooster for every 1 shot, with a minimum of 600 released (if less than 600 are shot). So on a preserve that'd been open since September, by March my guess would be a person is shooting nearly 100% pen-raised birds. Is THAT a canned hunt, or are you referring to some other aspect(s) of hunting preserves?
Yes, it was a preserve, but it wasn't all in one place.We drove to several shelter belts.Some were several miles apart. I guess a canned hunt, is a place were they have no where to go, so they stay in the shelter belt. It was fun, but pretty easy, compared to Montana. They had a recreation building, that had a bar in it, pool, big screen tv.That was pretty cool.My dad and I were the only hunters there. We actually got checked by a game wardon!

Back