MN grouse hunters...

Great to hear Brittman! I've always found the best part of hunting is that year when your dog "just gets it" and you can enjoy watching them do what they love - plus it always helps when they get you a few birds :)

Pheasant opener right around the corner now - can't wait to get my springer out for some work before our big trips in November/December. He is 5 this year, so I'm hoping he'll finally be in his prime too.

She had a rough season last year with a two weeks off with a tick borne illness in October and a barb wire cut around Thanksgiving.

Nexgard should prevent the reoccurrence of the first.

Youngest son and all three dogs headed out for an after school hunt this afternoon. Another good day to be in Minnesota.

I shot a grouse and two woodcock. I suspect I could have had my limit today if I had been carrying a gun the entire time. Emphasis was on my son and he just could not get shots off. Unfortunately he was not blessed with any tree grouse on this hunt. Oh well, he said he had a great time anyways.

On the clays range he is hitting more targets than he is missing and that is with a new gun and just a few visits in ... he is talking joining the HS trap team next spring which is pretty sweet.

Highlight of the afternoon was my brown dog (above) point on 5 grouse (together) and my oldest dog's point on a pair of woodcock.

She is technically a liver roan American Brittany. Note the nose is brown and not black. That said, she is not the traditional dark liver color nor is she "washed out". The liver coloring has an auburn (red) hue in it in the sunshine. We picked her up on a whim 6 years ago. She is a sweet dog.

Her coloring is actually pretty easy to see in the woods.

Back