Minnesota combo?

Westok

I want to hunt mid October. I went to Montana last year and it was great. But it’s sounding like they’re having it tough this summer. Is it possible to hunt pheasants on the west central side of Minnesota then Ruffs and woodcocks in the central in the same time frame . Not saying the same day. Like 2 days pheasants and 2 days Ruffs? Is that just a nice dream or a possibility?

Hey Westok, is it possible? Definitely. But you'll probably have to put in some drive time between hunt areas if you want to have high success with either.

So far I've only gotten a sharp tail and a ruffed on the same day here in MN. The previous year I could have shot a prairie chicken and rooster the same day about an hour south of where I shot the sharpie and ruffed. But pheasant season was closed.

If you want some more info, feel free to PM me.

You can definitely do it in the same day, with a ruffed and a pheasant. Only about an hour drive or less. Shoot me a PM if you want a general area

I definitely will as it gets closer and I decide between mn, nd, or mt. If I decide on mt I’ll for sure want to try a combo hunt.

Back