Miniature pheasants seen

I've seen the number of doves rise in the last few years. I know that Oroville Wildlife Area has been putting in a lot of food plots through out there land . I did pretty good during the late season at OWA and the sac rive. I've also noticed more doves around chico.

Lots of doves around at the moment. I took the pup out to the Thermalito Afterbay yesterday morning and probably saw 50, then I played golf in the late afternoon/evening at the course between here and Chico and saw at least 100.

Hope they hang around for at least a month.

When I played golf recently at Table mountain near Thermalito there were a ton of Collared Doves there. Remember, you can hunt those now so maybe if you're good at recognizing them in the air and have a place to hunt where they are you can have fun early. Oroville Wildlife Area doesn't open for any hunting until ! Sept. unfortunately. There may be some Class C units on the river that are open year round because of the way the regs are written. Wording like, "Open for hunting for all legal species during the season" maybe. You'd need to check each areas regulations to find out. You could also just hunt the sand bars but Collared Doves and Morning Doves aren't the easiest things to tell apart in the air unless there are a bunch of both in the same area to compare them to each other.

Are you carrying a fowling piece in your bag yet?

I've seen enough dove in the burn area that I may go out and do some of that lawn chair hunting. I've seen signs of triple quail hatches but the mountain quail sightings have been few and far between.

I see quite a few doves flying around my place. Alot of Euros and good amount of mourning doves. Not sure what the pheasants look like this year.

Are you carrying a fowling piece in your bag yet?

I've seen enough dove in the burn area that I may go out and do some of that lawn chair hunting. I've seen signs of triple quail hatches but the mountain quail sightings have been few and far between.

I've seen a few broods of the mtn variety, little guys still but will probably be coloring up by September. Looked to be 6-8 in each brood I've seen so that's not terrible.

Back