Memories of Christmas Day

BUSTA WOOSTER

Merry Christmas to all of you. I was hoping to hear some memorable christmas day hunting stories. Does anyone make hunting a tradition on xmas day? I have to say, this is one day I have not hunted but hope to take the kids out one year!

Not much of a story, but I had 2 hours to show an out of town relative some hunting. We walked a couple strips in CRP WIHA's across from stubble.

Kicked up several close hens & luckily in the last 200 meters of the day the dogs flushed a rooster that we teamed up on so he didn't go home with an empty bag. Even got an invite to hunt in central KS out of it.

It was 7 or 8 years ago and I was out at my in-laws house in Southwest Kansas. My brother in-laws and I had been hunting all morning without much luck so we headed back to the house for a Christmas lunch. My in-laws house sits in the middle of a big corn field and just as we sat down for lunch 4roosters came walking out of the corn and across their back lawn. We all looked at the roosters and then looked at each other with wide eyes. My mother in-law said "make it quick" and we headed out the front door with the guns. We ended up getting 3 birds. Very memorable.

It was 7 or 8 years ago and I was out at my in-laws house in Southwest Kansas. My brother in-laws and I had been hunting all morning without much luck so we headed back to the house for a Christmas lunch. My in-laws house sits in the middle of a big corn field and just as we sat down for lunch 4roosters came walking out of the corn and across their back lawn. We all looked at the roosters and then looked at each other with wide eyes. My mother in-law said "make it quick" and we headed out the front door with the guns. We ended up getting 3 birds. Very memorable.

My advise is to keep that mother-in-law!

Definitely keep the good in-laws. Thanks for the stories. I have asked my father in-law several times to get a good goose or duck set-up at his place, but no luck yet. I have always thought that would make a great start to xmas as we do not live in pheasant country.

Back