Memorial Day

oldandnew

I take time out to go to cemeteries on Memorial Weekend. I like to remember the people who had an influence on our lives. I stop at the War Memorial, say a prayer and say thanks to the veterans who gave us a chance to us to make our country better, I don't want to disappoint them!

I take time out to go to cemeteries on Memorial Weekend. I like to remember the people who had an influence on our lives. I stop at the War Memorial, say a prayer and say thanks to the veterans who gave us a chance to us to make our country better, I don't want to disappoint them!

I've been hard at it--made it to Black Hills National cemetery--decorated graves of WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraqi Freedom, Afganastan, then onto cemeteries in Sturgis, Rapid City, Platte and Geddes SD--a little over 750 miles in two days.

Visiting with family and friends no longer with us was nice--but standing there at the National Cemetery looking at that row of our recent losses (one of them was sitting next to my son when the IED went off--RIP Dennis) was really special and I make that 600 plus mile round trip every year--it's the least I can do.

I've been hard at it--made it to Black Hills National cemetery--decorated graves of WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraqi Freedom, Afganastan, then onto cemeteries in Sturgis, Rapid City, Platte and Geddes SD--a little over 750 miles in two days.

Visiting with family and friends no longer with us was nice--but standing there at the National Cemetery looking at that row of our recent losses (one of them was sitting next to my son when the IED went off--RIP Dennis) was really special and I make that 600 plus mile round trip every year--it's the least I can do.

I spent a good deal of yesterday planting flags, at grave sights. It is a humbling experience. Rip brave service members.

Back