Medicine Lodge, KS. ???

Pointer Man

I normally hunt pheasant around the Barton county area and north along 36 Hwy. I haven't gone south to hunt pheasant in Kansas at all. Does anybody have any good reports on the WIHA areas around Medicine Lodge? A couple of us are heading down that way this weekend and I was just curious. Hoping for better weather than the opener...I'm still trying to dry out. :)

My son and I hunted a few miles south and west of Medicine Lodge last season in January and got a few pheasants and a hand full of quail. Not an over abundance of birds but the country is beautiful and the wind turbines make for a great backdrop to hunt in. Good luck. There is a hamburger place downtown town that is great I do not know the name it is worth the time to stop and eat.

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I shouldn't be expecting too much, but even a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Hopefully there are more birds this year.

I did a little scouting in that area the past two years and did not notice lots of pheasants. But, I did not walk any grass in some of the out of the way places that could hold good birds. I think the hunting pressure is relatively low in that area which would be good for you. Let us know how you do.

Last December I hunted some WIHA near Sun City and Wilmore, west of Medicine Lodge. We got into several birds, I shot my limit the last day.

Back