McHenry County IL Pheasants Forever Banquet

1pheas4

We are holding the McHenry County Illinois PF banquet on March 4, 2011 if anyone is interested. It would be great to see some of you from the area attend:thumbsup:

Also, I haven't listed it online yet, but kids from 5 to 16 are $15 and that includes their membership to Ringnecks Mag.

Thank you for your support and have a great day! :)--1pheas4

http://mchenrycountypheasantsforever.org/Banquet.html

Last edited:
I have a question.
Im a PF member, the main PF I guess I'd call it. When completing the paperwork for the banquet, it asks if this is a renewal or would this be a new membership. Which do I check? Is it asking if I'm a McHenry Co. chapter member or?

Goodmorning UplandHntr. Yes, you would be considered a renwal member. With being a member of Pheasants Forever mag./Nat'l your already a McHenry County "member". :)

Talk to you soon. --1pheas4

Ok I need to get this filled out and sent in.
Can you tell me what I check on the sheet for me, my wife and my 16 year old son to attend>
Im obviously a $70 renewal, she would be a spouse at $40 and my 16 year old would be?

For the gun raffle tickets - if I prebuy them do I get the tix that night?

Can you tell Ive never been to a PF banquet?:D

Ok I need to get this filled out and sent in.
Can you tell me what I check on the sheet for me, my wife and my 16 year old son to attend>
Im obviously a $70 renewal, she would be a spouse at $40 and my 16 year old would be?

For the gun raffle tickets - if I prebuy them do I get the tix that night?

Can you tell Ive never been to a PF banquet?:D

Great! Glad to hear your bringing your boy.:thumbsup: I've donated some nice giveaways for our youth at the banquet.

Anyway youth are $15. That includeds his membership to Ringnecks. Any other questions feel free to contact me at anytime.:)

P.S.- Stay safe in this blizzard:eek:

never having been to a PF banquet - whats the standard attire or dress code for the night?

Causal is the name of the game my friend:)

#'s are down this year. Kind of expected it with the economy. People should be able to pick up some great deals on auctions!

See you tomorrow UplandHntr. Thanks again for your support:thumbsup: --1pheas4

Thanks to all of you who attended the banquet last night:cheers:

Despite the economic climate I think we did okay:thumbsup:

Also, talking with Ray (IDNR) last night (the one who helps with most of our habitat restoration) I think were going to pull another McHenry County PF habitat site tour together this fall if anyone is interested. We usually visit a half dozen or so of our sites.

I'll announce it later in the year once dates are set --1pheas4

'twas a good time. We left about 9:30. Was the multi gun winner present? If so I wont bother waiting by the phone..

Question about the 30 acre habitat area in COL State park. Why is it there and why are resources being used on it? Its a put and take place as you know so it will never really hold a wild population.
I live a mile from COL and hunt in there quite a bit and have always wondered why its there

[I said:
UplandHntr;67944]'twas a good time. We left about 9:30. Was the multi gun winner present? If so I wont bother waiting by the phone..

Question about the 30 acre habitat area in COL State park. Why is it there and why are resources being used on it? Its a put and take place as you know so it will never really hold a wild population.
I live a mile from COL and hunt in there quite a bit and have always wondered why its there[/I]=QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it. As far as COL State park goes I'm personally on the fence with it Uplandhntr. We give some support to help improve sections of habitat were pheasant hunting is allowed then harvest the seed heads of the warm season grasses and use the seed for other projects. Did you notice the tire tracks and tops of the prairie grasses missing when you were hunting out there?:)

Those sites are also used to educate youth and adults about upland and wet land habitat and restoration, trap and tag wildlife and so on.

It also gives us a opportunity to let the public know who we are and what we do. The new large PF/NWTF sign out there gets a lot of viewing form the public through out the year.

I personally like the CRP/private land funding, but there's another side that sees the benefits of the COL projects. :)

P.S.-- I don't quiet understand your multi gun/waiting by the phone line:confused:. Help me out Uplandhntr --1pheas4

Last edited:
the tickets for the multi gun raffle says winner need not be present. If the winner was not present then I assume they receive a phone call to notify them that they won?

So was the winner present?

the tickets for the multi gun raffle says winner need not be present. If the winner was not present then I assume they receive a phone call to notify them that they won?

So was the winner present?

Got it. One of the winners was not present. His buddy was there calling him from the banquet to let him know he won. Whether or not he got in contact with him I don't know. If not, Bob T. is in charge of firearms and he would have made the call.

Also, we're going to be having another meeting in about two weeks. If you interested in going to add your input and suggestions on the COL state project please feel to PM me for details. :):) --1pheas4

Back