McHenry Co. IL PF banquet

1pheas4

We need your support!:thumbsup:

MCHENRY COUNTY PHEASANTS FOREVER BANQUET 2012

SATURDAY MARCH 10TH AT THE VFW ROUTE 120 MCHENRY ILLINOIS
DOORS OPEN AT 5:30PM
TICKETS $55 OR $60 AT THE DOOR (includes dinner and PF membership/magazine)
SPOUSE TICKETS $25 OR $30 AT THE DOOR

Send me a PM or, email my committee member Michael for more info. (michael.mannuzza@obg.com)

Add a picture

Thanks for your support!;)

Last edited:
I should be there again this year.
What prompted the location change? I like it - closer to me :D

The main purpose of moving the banquet location was cost. The Holiday Inn was getting too expensive. Tickets at the door this year would have cost around $80 at the Holiday Inn for a Friday night banquet.

We managed to lower ticket prices and move the banquet to a Saturday night simply by moving our banquet to the VFW. The VFW isn't as big or as fancy but generally pheasant hunters don't seem to care so much about "fancy" as they do about prizes/guns/location/ticket price/Saturday banquet. I hope! lol

Thanks again for your support UplandHntr!

The envelope I got in the mail was for the banquet only - nothing for preregistering for any raffles like in years past? No early bird entry raffles?

The envelope I got in the mail was for the banquet only - nothing for preregistering for any raffles like in years past? No early bird entry raffles?

Yes you should have an order form. That's the work of either myself or my wife late one Friday night. lol

Email Mike (in my first post) and he'll send you the form you need for tickets.

I'm going to send you a PM now so you can lock in early bird tickets if your interested.;)

Last edited:
1pheas4,

Hope your banquet is a great one.:)

I'm spending this weekend going through the, " chapter operations manual," :eek: good Lord there is alot of does and don'ts.

I'll be bombing you with PM,s shortly.:D

1pheas4,

Hope your banquet is a great one.

I'm spending this weekend going through the, " chapter operations manual," :eek: good Lord there is alot of does and don'ts.

I'll be bombing you with PM,s shortly.

Jmac, just know that your not alone my friend.:) I took over my chapter last spring not knowing much either and YES there is a lot too a chapter, particularly forming a proactive one. It's a year round commitment but well worth it.

Remember, focus on building your team and having your first fund-raising banquet.

If you can, get an experienced (banquet) guy into your chapter. This would help tremendously. Put an add in your local paper. Most will put an add in for free or a small fee because your a not-for-profit.

I know this may sound odd, but for the time being ignore anything "habitat". That's a whole other world separate from your banquet and it WILL burn you out before you get off the ground.:eek: Besides, you won't have a habitat budget to fund habitat projects until after your banquet anyway.;)

I'm working on a IL PF habitat plan for my county today Jmac. What a feeling my friend; A vision coming to light. In time you'll get to do the same--God willing all things work out. Just a little light at the end of the tunnel for ya;)

Again, call or email me at anytime with questions. I'll help you as much as I can.

Nick

1pheas 4,

Good advice, We are doing this very thing. We are focusing on recruitment of members and fund raising. Habitat projects in the desert is not going to happen, Water guzzlers maybe down the road. Thanks for the kind words. I'll pm you my e-mail address and cell# so we can talk in the future.:thumbsup:

I just finished this guy up on Thursday:thumbsup:

I decided to donate this bad boy to our banquet (live auction) on March 10th. So if you like him, come and get him:D:):D

Hope to see you there!

picture.php

Back