Maybe One more

Hey Pezzy, pm me some details. :)
Not spots just details. :cheers:

I didn't make it out for my annual late Nov bird hunt.
Now it will bother me until Sept.

I didn't make it out for my annual late Nov bird hunt.
Now it will bother me until Sept.

Next fall will be here before we know it. I'm going to send you a PM. I have a question regarding another western state you may have hunted before.;)

Next fall will be here before we know it. I'm going to send you a PM. I have a question regarding another western state you may have hunted before.;)

Time sure does seems to fly by these days. 264 days until 1st Sept. At that time I'll be about to hike the big grasslands. :)

My buddy Steve and I are feeling the need to potentially find a new area of Montana next year. We will be looking at possibilities.

The last one of 2014.

Just got back from three days in Plentywood - Froid area.

When you see pheasants, you will encounter flocks of 200-500 birds. Our group can safely say that we saw in excess of 2500 to 3000 birds in three days.

When they hear you and your footsteps from 1/4 mile away they will be flushing very, very, very, wild. They flush at the sound of tires on the snow....never experienced anything like it.

If you manage to get some trapped it CRP. Walk very slowly looking at ground. Because the ones that are holding tight will be right underneath your foot and they will not budge.

I just happened to see a rooster tail feather on the ground....I tugged at it....nothing...I tapped it with my foot,,,,EXPLOSION..of the best kind.....two shots at retreating rooster......and nothing but fresh air to breathe and good scenery to enjoy.

This was my experience from Sunday the 28th to Tuesday the 30th.

What a great way to end 2014.

All the Best and Happy New Year to All.

PBF

Back