May have lost our cabin

jmac

Well It seems a fire on Casper Mountain may have taken out the family cabin. If not it probably will today. Anyway The pic's in the casper star tribune and on ktwo tv put it right at ground Zero. Glad I pulled all the snow toy's to my little brothers house. :(

I don't know the road up casper mountain is closed, and the fire is out of control.:mad: My sister and brother in casper said It's very very Bad.:( I'm thinking It burnt to the ground last night or shortly after the fire was reported yesterday.

Nothing is safe this year!! Hope it turns out for the best for you and your family!!!

Thanks guys,

However the cabin is a total loss, burnt to ground. The only thing that made it though was the out house. How Ironic, we needed to move, as it was getting full. I guess we can rebuild it or make it better.

Very bad fire wiped up by the famous Wyoming winds. They say wildlife are being pushed into the city of casper and to be on the look out for Bears, mountain lions, Deer and Elk.

They are evacuating all resident from casper Mountain because of shifting Winds. Thats got to be several thousand people. Lots of very nice houses on that mountain. I feel bad about this, we lost a cabin used a few times a year. These people are lossing there House.

It's sad because we, my Dad and Grand- dad and myself Built the cabin, In the late 60's. I guess Me and my Brother and his Sons will rebuild it. :(

Last edited:
Man, sorry for your loss. The wife and I was just there in late July. Stayed at the C'Mon Inn. Now thats a big cabin...!

Man, sorry for your loss. The wife and I was just there in late July. Stayed at the C'Mon Inn. Now thats a big cabin...!

It's not that big of a deal. It was a log cabin maybe 400 Sqft. It was about a mile from the local ski area ( down hill ) and two Inches from some of the best snow-mobil area's in the state. Ok yellowstone might be better, maybe.

JMc so sorry you and the misses had to stay at the C'Mon Inn. Next time you travel in that area I can provide much better places to rest your heads.

I think a month and a half and will have this cabin rebuilt. I am a dreamer at least that's what my brother is saying. I told him to stay at home, because he is a non Pro in the Field Building. He flipped me off and I laughed. I just picked up a 4 year job at major nuclear plant. LOL

I've passed by Casper Mountain many times on my way to region E by Muddy Gap. Nice mountain, shame about the fire and your cabin. To bad I'm so far, I have a Woodmizer sawmill on wheels, wouldn't take long to saw the lumber for a cabin.

Back