Martin SD, 31 Oct - 03 Nov

Scout_golfer

Me and my pup are heading to Martin SD for the first time to hunt some public land if anyone is intrested in joining up or I could join your group. Coming from Colorado Springs:cheers:

Martin,sd

Hello! Just thought I'd let you know. I hunted the Martin, SD area last year and it was not good at all. The reason I went there was because of all the walk in areas. Once I got there I noticed those areas had no cover at all. They were mostly picked wheat fields. After one day of hunting I packed up and headed towards Redfield, SD. Maybe things have changed since last year. Something to think about before you drive all that way. I drove 11 hours from Minneapolis and was very disapointed. Hope this helps.

Refuge

Yes I hunted the refuge. Lots of hunting pressure not only from the pheasant hunters but also deer hunters. I only found one walk in area that had good cover. In that spot I flushed some sharp tail grouse and bagged one.

Sly,
Thanks for the heads up always wondered about the pressure on the refuge. Deer season in SD can be interesting especially opening weekend, wear plenty of orange.

Back