Magazine Subscription

Birdman2

What bird hunting magazine do you subscribe to and why? I used to have one for pointing dog journal. Right now I have one for Covey Rise. Are there others out there?

I was always partial to gun dog. I hadn't subscribed for years until a couple months ago. It just so happened to be the puppy issue. I have nothing against women. I even kinda like them, but there was a lot of articles with and about them in there. Did they turn into garden and gun?

Speaking of Garden and Gun. They used to have at least one good article about hunting. Now no articles and barely any mention of guns with the exception of an ad.

Covers , the ruffed groused society magazine is supposed to be pretty good. I used to do retriever journal and gun dog and would get a stack of ff&g second hand from my brother in law every year

I get Shooting Sportsman and Sporting Classics. Both have great artwork and for the most part interesting articles. I Pointing Dog Journal it unfortunately seems to be getting thinner with each volume. My wife really liked Garden and Gun it seems like more of a yuppie magazine now. I don't believe there was any mention of hunting or guns in the last issue I read.

No I have not. Is that Quail Unlimited's magazine?

None right now, other than membership-based magazines (American Hunter, NAVHDA) and KDWP's magazine.

I took Shooting Sportsman for at least 5 years and really enjoyed that for a while. Over time, it seemed to tilt more and more toward waterfowl hunting. Even if that isn't precisely true or the only reason, I found my self skipping more and more of each issue's content and ultimately decided to let it lapse.

I was always partial to gun dog. I hadn't subscribed for years until a couple months ago. It just so happened to be the puppy issue. I have nothing against women. I even kinda like them, but there was a lot of articles with and about them in there. Did they turn into garden and gun?
I feel the same way. Don't know if I will resubscribe next year.

I got my first issue of Shooting Sportsman this week and I was impressed with it. I subscribed because I saw an offer for a $12 subscription. If they are all as good as the first one, I will continue to subscribe. I also get Gun Dog and enjoy that.

I get the PF magazine which I like well enough. I also subscribe to the Upland Journal. I have not been a big fan of this magazine. To me it seems like many of the authors are new to hunting and are only interested in pimping their social media platforms. Also, about 75% of the magazine is advertisements vs content. Would not recommend.

Back