Lot of views

AteUp

So many views in our state. Is that because the out of state license is a bargain? Or is it inter web hunting?
Not condemning,just curious.

I think a little bit of both. I wouldn’t call the non-res license a bargain but it’s better than a lot of other states. Of course, I paid the 100 dollars and will probably hunt a total of 4 days on it. It’s a bargain if you can get up to KS a lot. I’m a teacher and am off soon so I’m gonna try to make it a bargain for me and hunt some WIHA in SE before the new year and am heading back out to SW in two weeks.

I check in here a lot but don’t post a lot. This is a popular site and KS is one of the big pheasant states. Gonna get a lot of attention. Always has on this site in both good times and bad.

I bet close to 80 percent of people I see are from the deep South. They hunt KS. because where they come from the bird numbers are just not there. Even if they don't end up coming I think guys like that get on here to gauge and plan and dream about future hunts.

Been hunting KS for nearly a decade now. The amount of public land and the reasonable license price are definitely factors. The quail in addition to decent pheasant hunting make it worth the 15 hr trip for me.Theres really no other place to hunt birds with the amount of access any closer. I like to hear reports on this site , mostly weather. I don't feel like I gain anything from reading the successful or unsuccessful hunt reports other than entertainment. I have my spots that I hit every year regardless. I do appreciate when you guys respond to my questions and appreciate your suggestions.

Been hunting KS for nearly a decade now. The amount of public land and the reasonable license price are definitely factors. The quail in addition to decent pheasant hunting make it worth the 15 hr trip for me.Theres really no other place to hunt birds with the amount of access any closer. I like to hear reports on this site , mostly weather. I don't feel like I gain anything from reading the successful or unsuccessful hunt reports other than entertainment. I have my spots that I hit every year regardless. I do appreciate when you guys respond to my questions and appreciate your suggestions.

You are welcome and we like nice folks like you coming to hunt.

Most everybody out there has been really friendly. Thanks , you guys seem pretty cool. Would like to get with y'all one of these days and see what we can kick up!!

I was blessed with an invitation to hunt kansas in the early nineties. I was young, no money and fairly green. Granted I was in great company, the folks who invited me were true gentlemen and bonifide birdhunters . They really put an impression on me not only about the hunting (it was all private access and nothing short of amazing) but the people I met along our stops(mostly farmers and ranchers they knew)! I think we covered 1/2 the state in pursuit of birds on that trip. I've only been back up a couple of times since the early nineties.
I have a little history there with great memories-I guess it just comes naturally for me to "click" on kansas when I'm on the site.

Back