Looking to join a group in Central Iowa

mcharlto88

I'm new to hunting and am looking for a group to possibly join this fall(2012). I live in Ankeny and am willing to travel within reason. I'm only able to go on weekends so Saturday and/or Sunday mornings would work the best. Like I said, I'm brand new to hunting with the exception of a couple hunts when I was younger and went with my uncle. Though I've researched quite a big of land in central Iowa to hunt on, I don't really know what's good, what's not, or where hunting is allowed in some places.(ie. I know there is hunting at Saylorville, but I haven't been around that area to know where it's at.) If you have a group that you wouldn't mind having another guy tag along, or if you hunt alone and want another guy to go with let me know!

i am in central Iowa as well out in Guthrie county. I hunt alone with my dog, most of the time. I of a few places but am still learning more. I just moved out here a couple of years a go. I can imagine saylorville lake gets busy though may want to consider moving out of the metro area a little.

i am in central Iowa as well out in Guthrie county. I hunt alone with my dog, most of the time. I of a few places but am still learning more. I just moved out here a couple of years a go. I can imagine saylorville lake gets busy though may want to consider moving out of the metro area a little.

Kent, I sent you an IM. I'd be up for doing some hunting over in Guthrie county. Let me know if you got my message.

West Central Iowa

I just moved to Colorado and used to hunt West Central Iowa in Guthrie, Greene, Carroll, and Dallas County. Give me a shout and I may be able to point you towards a few places.

We are always game for hooking up with some folks. We did it last year and learned that it could be a lot of fun. We met some pretty cool people and good dogs.

iowa hunt

wow mstand am i one of the COOL people with good dogs that you met last year:D? yes i would be willing to take some of you pups under my wing:rolleyes:!! lol :cheers:

Oh Geez! Here we go!:rolleyes:

We are willing to have you take us under your wing as long as we dont have to hear you swallow your face again!

lol

well maybe i did snore a lil that night:rolleyes: but in my defence i was tired it was HARD WORK keeping you guys in line!!!:D

You are absolutly one of the cool people. SO are your dogs and kids. Now, just dont keep inviting labs and pointers! We need some personality out there!;):cheers:

Hey mstand, I'd be up for meeting up sometime. Unfortunately I don't have a dog(yet) so it's just me, but I'd love to go with somebody who knows of some good land and can give me some pointers. Where are you from/Where do you hunt?

You still looking to hunt? I'm also in the Ankeny area and we hunt hard and often. Right now we are doing a lot of work with the dogs on quail. If you have to scratch the hunting itch right now.

Back