looking for trainer

rick burich

Was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation on a trainer. I have a Brittany and want to get assistance from a professional hunting dog trainer. I will be doing all the obedience training but looking for someone to train her to gun shot, pointing, whoa command, retrieve and working close. I have heard of Sundance Kennels but not familiar with any others. I live in Waukesha

TX

Wish I could help ya but the only one I know of that does a good job with pointers is in MN. I am sure there is several closer to you I just am not familiar with pointer trainers. Someone on here will know, theres allot of pointer guy's here.

OK wait a minute Are you in the chease head state? I saw you put TX after the town and thought you were in Texas. This guy is in Southern MN and trains allot of pointers. you can pm me if interested and I can get his contact info.

Was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation on a trainer. I have a Brittany and want to get assistance from a professional hunting dog trainer. I will be doing all the obedience training but looking for someone to train her to gun shot, pointing, whoa command, retrieve and working close. I have heard of Sundance Kennels but not familiar with any others. I live in Waukesha

TX

Rick, here's a trainer/breeder in Eau Claire. He's on retrievers but maybe knows somebody in your area.

http://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/articles/warm-the-water-hunting-dog-training-tip-g1/

Good Luck!

Trainer in SE Wisconsin

If you live in Waukesha then you should check out Bluegrass Kennels by Mayville. The owner is Tim Mader and he helped me with my pointer in the spring of 2006. His phone number is (920) 387-4621. Give him a call and discuss what you are looking for. He trains all breeds and I'm sure you will be happy. Tim has good fields for training and the birds he uses are strong fliers. Good luck.http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/images/smilies/10sign.gif

Check out Caden's Kennels, Dennis is a good trainer. Also, there is a guy who guides out at Milford Hills he is from Oconomowoc and does a very good job. His last name is Zimmermann. I am forgetting his first name. I think his operation is called Lake County Birddogs.

Jon

TX

i know a guy in baldwin wi its called good going kennels
he trained my lab and knows what he's talking about

Trainer

I highly recommend Alan Ott of Steady On Point Kennels in Woodstock IL; he breeds Britannys and trains all breeds of dogs. He bred and trained our Britt and has trained several of my buddies’ dogs with great success. Here's a link to his website....http://www.steadyonpoint.com/

Last edited:
Back