Looking for private ground near Clark for sons first hunting trip

Fitfarms

Well my son is finally legal SD hunting age and I plan on taking him on our annual bird hunt this fall. He is so excited to go. I told him that if he was going he had to buy his own shells and licenses. He has been working on our farm every chance he gets to earn the money. I am not going to make him buy those things but it's a learning experience for him. We aren't able to hunt the private ground we used to hunt so our plan is to hunt some public ground. I am looking to see if there is anyone near Clark that has or knows someone with good private ground that would allow us to pay a trespass fee and hunt for a day or two. I just want to show my son and father in law what good Pheasant hunting is. I know that we will be able to get into some birds on public ground just looking for a private piece of ground for a day or two so we don't have to fight the crowds. We will be in SD the first week of November 2016

I think you should make him but at least the shells! Nothing teaches responsibility like emptying your pocket a bit!

Hmmm...wondering why you selected Clark? From what I hear, it's been rather slim in that area.

Ducks and goose hunting will probably be good...not so sure about pheasants...

Good hunting to you next fall.

Back