Looking for info on the Alma/Holdredge area in south central

Boy I'd like to know where! No one that I have spoken with are seeing any pheasants or quail! I spent opening weekend in Iowa and have hunted Nebraska 6 times since I came home. I averaged a little over five miles a day and have killed exactly 2 rooster and lost one. I've seen 2 other roosters and 2 hens. Some private, mostly public. Lots of cover in some areas with corn, beans, and Milo for food but no birds. We had a drought a year ago last summer and a really hard winter. I hunted a quarter section in Perkins county that only I have permission on. Crop-on three sides, great cover and water but no birds. I haven't seen a quail in Nebraska this year!
I will keep on hunting for something to do and to keep me in shape for SD and Iowa. Looks like I will be traveling a lot this year, just like last year!
I am leaving next Friday I’ll drop a report as we hunt for y’all.

Have used that area as my base for hunting over the past several years. Good habitat and quail numbers, pheasant were localized. The WPA's had good to great habitat and the "crep" lands were good too. Better pheasant west of Holdredge and quail to the east. I like this area for the mixed bag.

You guys should think long and hard about posting shit like this. How many thousands of lurkers see these posts and tell their buddies and flood your favorite areas?

Stop hot spotting. Keep all locations in private messages, otherwise you’re just hurting yourself.

And the birds

We’re seeing plenty of quail. Only seen a few pheasant. But I’m two hours east of you. Haven’t seen the first bird hunter since we been here. I would assume further west you go the more you might see.
That was my experience too Elhew.

Not to mention we got 3 inches of snow yesterday. I thought the world was ending. Snow is a myth to us lol
Provides you with a big advantage. Love hunting in snow.

Back