Looking for hunting area Minnesota

Labs, I live very close to you. I am in the Elk River area. You got time for a cup of coffee someday? I can share some stuff with you and maybe connect for a hunt sometime. I will send a PM with my cell number.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. A spot one hour from Minneapolis can get POUNDED when it gets listed online. At any given time there's 5 anonymous lurkers reading this for every
Much like whichever towns/areas the DNR shows on their annual roadside count as the highest amount birds per mile

Much like whichever towns/areas the DNR shows on their annual roadside count as the highest amount birds per mile
You mean the counties? I don't think they list towns in the short or long roadside count.

And I was specifically referencing the guy who gave a town/road/cardinal direction to a WMA that holds "lots of birds".

You mean the counties? I don't think they list towns in the short or long roadside count.

And I was specifically referencing the guy who gave a town/road/cardinal direction to a WMA that holds "lots of birds".
If you don't think a WMA on 212 an hour outside of the cities gets absolutely hammered regardless of what I or anyone else says on the internet, I'd like to know what world you're living in 😂

If you don't think a WMA on 212 an hour outside of the cities gets absolutely hammered regardless of what I or anyone else says on the internet, I'd like to know what world you're living in 😂
All I'm saying is that any self respecting outdoorsman keeps specific areas to the private messages.

And I was specifically referencing the guy who gave a town/road/cardinal direction to a WMA that holds "lots of birds
All I'm saying is that any self respecting outdoorsman keeps specific areas to the private messages.
I wonder what percentage of people who would give a specific direction to a WMA on a forum is being honest.

I for one never, and will never, hunt that area I mentioned in my previous post because it's too close to the metro and off a major highway to pheasant country. My message was about how that area has birds (that I heard of secondhand) and is close to the metro as an example that the OP doesn't have to drive 3 hours west to get into birds.

I view this sort of information the same way I view a fishing report. If its a small, local area, no way am I giving out my secrets. If its a large lake a ways away like Lake of the Woods, I don't mind openly telling people that I caught them at Lake of the Woods. Specific locations never get spilled and the individuals I take with are limited to a couple of trusted friends or my Father.

All of the land I hunt for pheasants is private so I am not as worried as others may be regarding a specific public WMA. Most hunters do not have the will power, time, or motivation to go knocking on doors one at a time to obtain permission anyways.

I'm the same way Gim. Im not telling anyone on the open forum about my honey hole spots near the small town I hunt. I will say on the open forum I hunt near Marshall (when in fact I hunt about 25 miles from it). Crack open our regulations and you see ads for hunting in Marshall so that area is no big secret. But my little spots close to the actual town I hunt I keep off the open forum.

My opinion is it’s not worth a big argument between hunters the southern third of Minnesota has approximately 800 wma’s and 500 wpa’s that being said the majority of them are in the western part I think their might be enough to go around

Back