Looking for dog trainer in N Illinois.

Kspain

Hey guys. I have a 5 month old Brittany puppy. I'm looking to send him for some training without becoming poor in the process. Everything I've looked at is like $800 a month. Maybe I'm just cheap but that's much more than I thought it would be. Thanks for the help!

Dog trainer in N Illinois

I would second the recommendation of Alan Ott. My Brittany was trained by Alan and she is rock solid. Alan's a great guy, fantastic with the dogs, and passionate about what he does. Here's a link to his website http://steadyonpoint.com/

Yeah I've been talking to him through emails. He was my # 1 pick. His price is $175 a week and recommends 8 weeks. How long did you have your dog there? Did you do the full 8 weeks? Money is kinda tight now and 1400 is a lot of money.

Alan Ott in Woodstock, il. I believe he is around 600 a month if that helps.

Alan seems to do a nice job. He trained a friends Setter. I hunted behind that dog on grouse last October. It was impressive to watch that dog work. Also had a chance to watch Alan work a couple of his Brits for one of our youth hunts. Great dogs, great training.:)

I have a friend outside Chicago, Ned LeMaster, that has run dogs and hunted with Alan Ott. Ned gives Alan raving reviews and his abilities to train a dog. I have met Alan but have not had the pleasure to hunt with his dogs. Ned hunts GSP and Setter, both are great dogs as I have hunted with them over wild birds in SD:cheers:.

it may seem like a lot of money...but there's ALOT of time, care and birds that have to be used. birds are very spendy alone. if they need to travel any distance at all to training grounds gas becomes spendy as well. And then you have to feed rover as well which as we all know is expensive too. Trainers don't do if for the money...they do it because they like it. I'll shut up now.

it may seem like a lot of money...but there's ALOT of time, care and birds that have to be used. birds are very spendy alone. if they need to travel any distance at all to training grounds gas becomes spendy as well. And then you have to feed rover as well which as we all know is expensive too. Trainers don't do if for the money...they do it because they like it. I'll shut up now.

Even though it was difficult at the time, I realize now that sending my dog to a professional trainer was money well spent.

I too have sent a few dogs to a professional trainer. Buyer beware. I have had both great experiences and some that I question. All in all if you get the right trainer it is money well invested.

Back