Looking for Birds

bones

Looking for some birds for my new pup. Want her to have an early and continious introduction to birds. I'm sure my opinion differs with others, but saw how this approach worked with my buddies weimi that came from coach potato lines. She is going to formal trainging once old enough but I want a good base for her. Of course obedience is where I'll start.

Pigeons or quail would be great; would also consider chukar. Does anyone know of a place to get them in the area? Not talking a ton of birds, just three to four. Also thinking of trying to trap some of the eurasian doves that frequent my neighborhood. Will probably post in the Main Bird Dog Forum but wanted to give local folks first whack at some cash.

Thanks and Have a Good 'Urn,
bones

What are you willing to pay for each adult Bobwhite-

perhaps 3-4 isn't quite enough- 1 or 2 might die

willing to pay up to $10.00 a bird, I realize how hard they are to come by out here, plus they double as chow for me when they pass on.

Thanks,
bones

Here you go PM'd you a link. Can't post it for ad reasons These locals should be able to help with something. And I doubt they would be 10 bucks a piece, LOL Good luck.

This one is in your town.
6470 Walker Road
Colorado Springs CO 80908
Phone: (719) 495-8981

Member's Affiliations
  • Bobwhite Quail
  • Colorado
  • Gamebird Grower
  • Kennel Operator

Last edited:
Back