looking for a started GSP in coming months

NE Wrangling

Well I will start by saying this is not my first GSP. I have had several labs and then started Pheasant hunting with a friend of mine and bought a GSP to have as my companion in the field. The first 9 months went smoothly and then a new neighbor introduced free range chickens and let's just say he would no longer point birds after he caught his 12th chicken. Neighbor didn't care and just kept buying them. A years worth of training went out the window and I gave him to a hunting friend who had 3 other GSP dogs before it was to late for our little duke.

We are moving from our current location and to a place that is wooded and has 6 acres of land which is all fields. 60 acres of conservation land abuts the property and I plan to get another GSP. I will be looking for one that is at least started this go around and I prefer close range dogs due to our hunting grounds. Looking for some recommendations of some kennels/breeders with 1 yr old started dogs in the 2k range? I'm in Mass but will to consider reputable dogs outside of the New england area.

Looking for some advice as part of my first post. Been lurking here for about 1.5yrs and finally created an account. One of my hunting friends got 2 of his dogs from montana or missouri and they are great dogs so I'm waiting for him to reply on his sources. But I was hoping there some advice of good places I can get from here. I'm looking to purchase in next few months once house is finished.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard glad you joined , hope to here about your hunt and new dog . I mainly run Britts and am from Ks . I know a guy close who is connected I. The shorthair circle from Ks but it be along way . Let me know if you don't have any luck back east .

Welcome aboard glad you joined , hope to here about your hunt and new dog . I mainly run Britts and am from Ks . I know a guy close who is connected I. The shorthair circle from Ks but it be along way . Let me know if you don't have any luck back east .

Well we are in the new home and all went well with the new build. Spent many hours exploring the local farm fields and conservation lands I'm next too and can't wait to now search. Funny you mentioned Brittany's because I'm searching for a GSP or a Brittany. looking for a 6 mth old to 3 yr old. I originally ruled out the brittany because there are hardly any in the New england area.

Back