Looking for a puppy

hobie4065

Hi, I am new to the forum. The reason I joined is because my wife and I had to put down our female black lab one week ago. She was 12 1/2. I am looking for a new puppy - black or chocolate female - and was hoping some people on the forum could give me the names of some breeders in Colorado and the surrounding area that would have puppies that would be good pheasant hunters. I do not hunt waterfowl so I am just looking for a good lab that would pheasant hunt. I can train it myself. I have looked at all the websites of breeders and need some first hand information.

If you have a good pheasant hunting black/chocolate lab, please let me know where you got it and some information about your dog.

Thanks in advance.

Jer

Hobie, Welcome to UPH. Jsdriggs will hopefully see Your post.
If not give Him a PM, He will help.:thumbsup:

Welcome to Uph. IF JS can't help you, you might post this in the Colorado forum. I'm shure it will get lots of leads for you. Welcome to the sight.:)

First off, Welcome to UPH!!!! Sorry to hear about your Lab. It is never easy! If I was looking for a Lab for upland I would contact Gary Rupple out in Kiowa/Elizabeth area ( 303-621-2196 ) He is not a breeder, but has access to some of the best upland labs around! They run smaller then your large Labs you see every where, which is good because their knees are generally not a problem with the less weight and frame!! There are some very good Labs around the State and even a few guys on here that have some!!

Last edited:
Back