looking for a good game farm

Remtech

So I could use some help since I don't hunt a ton of game farms. I am planning to go to a game farm for my birthday I would like to find a place not far from Milwaukee that has some decent cover to hunt that isn't to expensive I would mind if I could get all roosters too.

Thanks Remtech

Cackle Creek in Ashippun would be an option. Cover should be good yet. It's about the only one I have hunted the last few years so I can't comment on the others, which I'm sure would also be good. You can check their website.

Over the last few years, I've gone to one game farm a couple of times. $15 per bird, 2 bird minimum. Great people, but...

dunno. Birds were so dumb and new to the habitat that it wasn't much of a hunt for me.

Probably my fault. It's a tough thing to set up and keep your merchandise alive and on your property.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Wild Wings near Campbellsport. It's actually in Elmore on County W but I think has a Campbellsport address. Been there for years and I know several people who hunt there regularly.

Oasis, outside of New Glarus, WI.

hang on, had a card here somewhere...

Bret and Bev Hoesly
608-527-2326

REALLY nice folks. Think FCSPRINGER, a moderator here who field trials his Springers, attended some trials which were held on their gamefarm.

Be safe, have fun.

http://milfordhills.com/

A now-deceased friend belonged to Milford Hills. I hunted there once with him when we set up a sporting clays outing for our regional lumber association. They did a great job all around.

http://www.hunterspointwi.com/

Another I've been to near Fond du Lac, just off Hwy 41.

We shot a mixed bag of pheasants and chukars in late winter. Cold as a well diggers but in Butte, a lot of snow cover. It was a customer appreciation hunt and out customer had a good time. I shot a black rooster pheasant. Knocked it down clean, or so I thought. Dog went to retrieve and nothing there. I saw tracks leading away and it ran 40 yards before burrowing under the snow and tall grass. Major did some tunneling and came up with it, still very much alive. A pretty bird.

Place

I hunted Oasis this past Tuesday. I really like the place and it's pretty much the only place I go. Owners are great people. I think you'll find at most places right now that the cover is pretty sparse and covered with snow. Oasis has great cover, but the birds were on top of the snow and running all over. We shot a bunch of them but it was not a typical hunt there. Not sure I would do it again. Hard pack on top of the snow made for that break through on every step. Not easy walking, for sure.

I went to Roosters Run last Sunday. They still had some sorghum strips that looked untouched. It's a newer place that started 5 years ago. It's off HWY C just west of Horicon Marsh.

Looks like im going to go to wild wings since it is nice and close and I will use the money that I was going to put in for gas for birds win win

some places cut the tops off of sorghum etc so the snow and ice doesnt pull it over, you may want to inquire

Roosters Run

Thanks for the heads up on Roosters Run. It's just up 151 and easy drive for me. I talked to Rod. $20 per bird and 2 bird min. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up on Roosters Run. It's just up 151 and easy drive for me. I talked to Rod. $20 per bird and 2 bird min. I'll give it a try.

These are really good guys and Rod is on the board for multiple Wings Over Wisconsin chapters. Let them know that Rick referred you. If he doesn't remember me let him know, I was the guy that had the disabled hunt with him in the tracker chair.
PM me and let me know how you liked the place.

Rooster Run is a great place to hunt & the cover will still be good. A month ago we held our Dodge County Pheasants Forever Chapter (Rod is a member of the chapter) youth hunt at his place & it was great!

Looks like im going to go to wild wings since it is nice and close and I will use the money that I was going to put in for gas for birds win win

Would like to hear your review. They have tried to lease some ground from me to hunt on but it doesn't make a ton of sense considering the prices I get from the farmer.

Back