Looking for a barrel set for a beretta BL3

huntnfool

Anyone have a extra barrel set for a legacy Beretta BL3? I have had this gun for 40 years and the barrel is separating between the under and lower barrels. Probably not feasible to get it soldered-repaired? Always shot it well for pheasants and ducks so hoping to keep it servicable.

thanks

I believe that can be fixed to your satisfaction for not all that much money. I have not used them but it's an example.

Shotgun Gunsmithing

MGW specializes in all aspects of shotgun repair, performance and restoration. We currently perform shotgun work for many of the country's top shooters, collectors and shotgun enthusiasts. From performance upgrades for 3 gunners and water fowlers to restoration and repair work for some of the finest collectable shotguns ever produced. We are confident our team can help with any shotgun work you may need. Below you will find many different shotgun services and jobs MGW offers.

Here's the link, just click:

Midwest Gun Works

Shotgun Resolder Vent Rib

Soldering is hard. Soldering a vent rib and side ribs on a very valuable Over/Under shotgun that has over 25 contact points and show little sign of solder line is harder. MGW has the art of soldering vent ribs on shotgun barrels down pretty well. We are one of the few that will still even attempt such a task. For those of you that know about this type of work you know how time consuming and difficult it is. In many cases a vintage shotgun used a soft solder originally on the barrels and after 50 years of shooting it has given up. We can address both top vent rib and side or bottom rib (SXS Shotguns). All Shotgun barrel solder work will require bluing as well. Estimate $225

Keep in mind you may need to settle for cold blue or belgian blue processing as the high temps of traditional bluing might melt the solder. Might come down to how high a temp material they solder with in your location and not wanting to warp the metal.

Anyone have a extra barrel set for a legacy Beretta BL3? I have had this gun for 40 years and the barrel is separating between the under and lower barrels. Probably not feasible to get it soldered-repaired? Always shot it well for pheasants and ducks so hoping to keep it servicable.

thanks
I'd write Beretta and see what they can do, or what caveats they might have about any gunsmith repair.

Best wishes.

Back