Lodging/Cabins

Byrdoglvr

Sadly we cancelled our week long trip to Hettinger ND this year as the conditions from the drought just sound to bad. So we've decided to stay here and do a week in MN where we know we can at least find spots to hunt. I'm scrambling trying to find a lodge/cabin with a kitchen that can accommodate five guys. We'd like to stay in SW Minnesota. So far I've found Becker's resort in Lake Benton. Anyone been there or have any other recomendations? I have motel reservations in Marshall now but looking for something all us can be in and together. Really anywhere down there is fine. Marshall,Tyler,Lake Benton --Slayton

Thanks

Lake Shetek Lodge was nice when I stayed there. I was ice fishing, but it has mini apartments that will sleep 5 or 6 guys.

I actually discovered them a few minutes before your response. Messaged them through Facebook and they responded quickly saying they could accommodate 5 guys and do allow dogs. I messaged back immediately saying we need 5 beds,have 4 dogs and asked for a rough price to present to my group. No response. Called twice and no answer. Left a voicemail

Ok I was a little harsh. On my fourth try calling Lake Shetek lodge answered. The lady was insanely nice and was very busy with a wedding. She spent a lot of time on the phone telling me all about the lodge, room, places to eat etc. She gave us a big multi dog discount and generally sounded excited we we're coming. Hope the birds are as cooperative.

I stayed at Beckers resort probably 6-7 years ago. Right on the lake. We were there in early December. I don't recall whether they had kitchenette's in the room or not but they had a lodge where you could get some food. Back then it was a nice place, management was very accommodating. In town they had plenty of places for eating out.

Last edited:
Back