Little stumped

Quailnerd

Had this spot pop up on my dog a few days ago, it’s raised, irritated and looks like a carpet burn. He doesn’t seem to be in pain, and it’s not as bad as the picture looks, that was right after the clippers. I’ve seen hot spots before but the shape is bizarre. We have been hitting it hard 2-3 days a week around barb wire and desert plants…. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5659.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
It looks like it might be infected. I'd have a vet look at it if you haven't already done so.

No vest, no trauma last time in the field, clean kennel. Hell he sleeps in the house. It popped up like the shingles would on a human, but it doesn’t appear to hurt. No food changes…. Dunno

Plant-based......???
Maybe contact with a desert plant that has the ability to cause skin irritation and blisters, something like "Poodle Dog Bush"??
Has to be something the dog came in contact with....

Looks better this morning after antiseptic spray and a steroid for 36 hrs… I’ve ruled out a few of the ideas above but by no means figured it out. Thanks for reply’s, haven’t been to the vet in 30 days so we were due for something. I’m a one dog man this morning hitting the road!

Attachments

• IMG_5661.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
looks like a scrape, like he went under something that chafed. a branch, farm trash?

Last edited:
Back