Letter of the Law

niceshot

I have permission to hunt on a lot of land from either the owner or the renter/operator but not always both. Is Iowa Law clear about granting hunting privileges/rights. Please help me.

I think if its rented out the guy renting the ground gives the premission not the land owner would be the legal way unless theres something writen in the lease. I've heard bad stories about about permission getting. I ask both that way no problems and tell both I talked to the other. Happy Hunting Sat.:)

Last time I looked, no. I've had the same dilemma. Most landowners I've talked to after getting permission have been ok with it. Many have actually referred me to the renters.

Hunting permission from landowner, unless renter has hunting rights in lease.

I agree, and if there is a hunting rights clause, which is rare. The land owner will always ask you to talk to them. Renting a field does not give them permission for anything but planting, harvesting, and tilling the land or other farming practise.

I think if its rented out the guy renting the ground gives the premission not the land owner would be the legal way unless theres something writen in the lease. I've heard bad stories about about permission getting. I ask both that way no problems and tell both I talked to the other. Happy Hunting Sat.:)

I typed it a$$ backwards:D Sorry guys. No one ever said I was the sharpest tool in the shed:)

hey cootie can i hunt at home or do i have to ask rocky you confused me. do you have north half of farm or south . i want to ask right family member.:D

Back