Let's Bitch (Can't Hunt)

Well you missed several hundred others maybe

well you missed several hundred others maybe they are hunting those. I’m just giving you shit man , I guess if it bothers you it bothers you. It wouldn’t me , maybe on a quarter
Yeah I probably need to get out to ND or SD to see what real pheasant hunting can be like. We have to work very hard for our birds with how few we have.

If the closest you come to the edge of the cover is 100-150 yds, that may have something to do with not seeing many roosters. How many dogs are you using to "cover" a 300-yd swath?
We truly don't have that many birds. And yeah edges are the priority but being alone I do a zig zag pattern so push into the field and then push toward the edge to get the bird pinned and flushed. I would say 9/10 times I see my dogs birdied, we get a flush. They just don't get that birdied that often because we don't have the numbers (Colorado public land).

So now if you're not in a Dakota then its not real pheasant hunting...
I didn't say to see what real pheasant hunting is. But at its prime. South Dakota has had almost twice as much pheasants harvested per hunter than any other state. That's a lot more birds. I think any of use would be happy to see twice as many birds than we have.

South Dakota has had almost twice as much pheasants harvested per hunter than any other state. That's a lot more birds. I think any of use would be happy to see twice as many birds than we have.
And a lot more hunters too. Some of those birds are not wild birds either. They come from a pen.

There's fantastic pheasant hunting in Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska too just so you're aware. Hunting in South Dakota is not a requirement to experience "real" pheasant hunting.

Some of those birds are not wild birds. They come from a pen.

There's fantastic pheasant hunting in Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska too just so you're aware. Hunting in South Dakota is not a requirement to experience "real" pheasant hunting.
I feel like I struck a nerve here. I simply picked an example of a top state one might make a trip to. Me not mentioning other states doesn't mean they don't have good pheasant hunting there.

Okay here is my biggest gripe. I hunt alone or just with my wife and usually only one dog. Multiple times my dog can be working hard on a bird near a road and a carload of "hunters" stop and get out and post my dog. This has happened in at least 3 different states. Can anyone guess what license plate that carload of hunters have? It has been the same state license in at least a half dozen cases. Interestingly I have had other carloads of hunters stop and watch without getting out. Than I feel real stupid when I miss the shot.

Okay here is my biggest gripe. I hunt alone or just with my wife and usually only one dog. Multiple times my dog can be working hard on a bird near a road and a carload of "hunters" stop and get out and post my dog. This has happened in at least 3 different states. Can anyone guess what license plate that carload of hunters have? It has been the same state license in at least a half dozen cases. Interestingly I have had other carloads of hunters stop and watch without getting out. Than I feel real stupid when I miss the shot.
I can guess, lol Pmed u with guess.

COME ON. PLEASE.... PLEASE GET UP AND FLY STRAIGHT TOWORDS THEM!!!!!!!

Wrong guess. I haven’t had any negative run ins with hunters from that state. I should keep track as people guess. I should state the majority of my hunting is in SD,ND AND MT, although I have dabbled in other states.
I have had more problems with that state. In MT, SD, KS, MI. When I see their tag I move out of that area. Not MN. OH.

Last edited:

what state, please?

I'm a Minnesota pheasant hunter. I'm sure there's Mn hunters that do do stupid things out in the field. With that being said sportsman from other states are more than capable of being disrespectful out in the field or on the water. I feel that we all need to use common sense and courtesy when out in the field.

Back