Leaving for South Dakota

fourtrax

tomorrow AM.

Hopefully will find enough birds to stay the full 10 days.
Traveling with 3 Bretons & a half breed cross- 1/2 setter & half Britt.

Two hunters & one support (wife) will be along.
I don't need limits by any means. I do, however need to see enough birds to get in some nice dog work to enjoy watching them work. That is why I go.

If it's too lousy, we may pull up stakes & head home & do the second week hunting Ruffs, or save time for something later.

tomorrow AM.

Hopefully will find enough birds to stay the full 10 days.
Traveling with 3 Bretons & a half breed cross- 1/2 setter & half Britt.

Two hunters & one support (wife) will be along.
I don't need limits by any means. I do, however need to see enough birds to get in some nice dog work to enjoy watching them work. That is why I go.

If it's too lousy, we may pull up stakes & head home & do the second week hunting Ruffs, or save time for something later.

Just came back yesterday and from what I saw (assuming hunting public) limits will be hard earned but even on the less succeseful days am still confident you will be in for a good hunt. My Cocker & I flushed birds on pretty much every spot we hunted. The birds were pretty wild (even the hens) but presented enough shots and enough action on all of the days to keep it fun & interesting.

Corn harvest was in full swing so the birds are starting to use the better cover throughout the day on the public parcels. Will only get better as the harvest finishes up.

Roosting hour was big for me on my two best days. Also looks like you have plenty of dog power to tackle a 10-day adventure.

Good luck.

Back