Late season thoughts

Yep, don't know why it is, but we always pass on the quail when we are out west chasing roosters. It just never crosses our thoughts I guess, but man there are a ton of quail where we hunt. We always say, "we have quail at home to chase. We hunt all private, it's funny...one of the guys we hunt on out there always blasts away at the quail, he usually gets a couple, then looks around and asks why we didn't shoot. One of these days we will have to try to thin the coveys down a bit.:cheers:

well my 2 weekends in a row didnt pan out. ice storm got us worried and was on call for work so we just passed. hoping to get out this saturday for a nice hunt on my great grandparents land that i havnt hunted all year. Should be some good quail numbers and cousin said hes been seeing alot phez running the roads the last 2 weeks. hoping for a solid last hunt of the year as i have a wedding to attend the 28th. going to try and get more shots with the camera if the opportunity is there, tho ive been saying that all year and i seem to always forget i even brought the camera till im halfway out in the field and dont want to go back to the truck to get it

Back