Last day of the season rooster

Goosemaster

This bird flushed from a high bluff over looking the Yellowstone. My dog made a great retrieve as usuall. Beautiful final day.Can't wait for oct,12th, so we can go again.Actually, April 12, then sept.1 for sharptails.View attachment 9679

Nice pic. Our last day is a week from today :mad:, I will be able to get out Saturday and maybe Sunday, I think I was out once every weekend and often twice, it was an awesome season for sure! My soon to be 12 year old GSP has finished his pheasant hunts for this season, but he hunted a like a 5 year old, but his retrieving has really dismished the last 2 seasons. Dude developed a condition in a rear leg, swollen and tender to walk on a day after our last hunt. 3 days later we have red showing up on the inner thigh and onto the under-carriage now. Seems to have less swelling today, I have had him on a steroid and strong antiobotic since Tuesday afternoon. Hoping he recovers and it doesn't turn serious.

Nice pic. Our last day is a week from today :mad:, I will be able to get out Saturday and maybe Sunday, I think I was out once every weekend and often twice, it was an awesome season for sure! My soon to be 12 year old GSP has finished his pheasant hunts for this season, but he hunted a like a 5 year old, but his retrieving has really dismished the last 2 seasons. Dude developed a condition in a rear leg, swollen and tender to walk on a day after our last hunt. 3 days later we have red showing up on the inner thigh and onto the under-carriage now. Seems to have less swelling today, I have had him on a steroid and strong antiobotic since Tuesday afternoon. Hoping he recovers and it doesn't turn serious.
Hope he gets better.Maybe he was poked by a thorn, or bitten by a rat, or vile. Congrats on getting out so much.I used to hunt every weekend, but now I take 4, and 5 day trips usually. I have to drive a ways, to get into good Bird country. It's great that your dog can still hunt, at 12 years old. My lab is 6, and she always retrieves to hand.I didn't do any training with her, but just hunted a lot.

This bird flushed from a high bluff over looking the Yellowstone. My dog made a great retrieve as usuall. Beautiful final day.Can't wait for oct,12th, so we can go again.Actually, April 12, then sept.1 for sharptails.View attachment 9679

Great picture. We have a month left in Colorado. Hopefully, Echo and I get out a couple more times.

Back