Landman...What's the CRP buzz????

UGUIDE

I have heard some very good things going on from our PF Biologist.

I haven't heard anything about the EIS and crop histories rolling forward yet.

CP-37 and FWP's and looking good in 2008. Talk of expanding FWP enrollment by relaxing the 40 acres per tract ruling. I think Jim said the 40 would be for the wetland protion only and not for the upland portion.

Got my first Riparian Buffer going in this spring. I'd love to do more but hands still tied by cash-rent-lease but when that expries next year I'm going nuts on habitat.

Alliesway, thanks for the info. Interesting to note that cropping history eligibility in the first doc is 2002-2007. Accordking to our local USDA office, the years are still back in 1996-2001. I'm checking to see if that has changed.

That pollinator CRP would be some seriously awesome nesting cover and could be a boon for states that are losing pheasant pops.

:10sign:

I have heard some very good things going on from our PF Biologist.

I haven't heard anything about the EIS and crop histories rolling forward yet.

CP-37 and FWP's and looking good in 2008. Talk of expanding FWP enrollment by relaxing the 40 acres per tract ruling. I think Jim said the 40 would be for the wetland protion only and not for the upland portion.

Got my first Riparian Buffer going in this spring. I'd love to do more but hands still tied by cash-rent-lease but when that expries next year I'm going nuts on habitat.

The 40 acre restriction change will be nice for some acreages. I am looking forward to the change in leadership next week at the USDA with Schafer leaving, which is a very good thing IMHO. Hopefully Vilsack will get the new Farm Bill implemented quickly, especially the new cropping history provision. That part of the farm bill does not impact me personally so much but it leaves me wondering why its taking so long to implement. Seems like a simple thing.

LM

Landman, will you be heading to Pheasant Fest this year?

Also on the CP-37, it has all the same great features that the FWP's have. SIP/PIP and cost share. 10/1 buffer on wetlands.

I saw an FSA doc from Michigan that had the cropping history rolled forward but PF guy in SD couldn't explain. I am crossing fingers it will be ready for late summer and '09 signups.

Back