Land Questions

We are headed up your way from Arkansas, end of next week. We have been a few times with decent success on public and gained some private access that has proven to be very good hunting. We will not have access to the private this year so it is back to public and we are looking at new territory and I have a couple questions.

I have been looking at maps, particularly the area right along river and some of it is Reservation but within the Res boundaries there is some public land, is that huntable without permission from reservation?
Also, would the Grasslands provide some opportunities this time of year? Anything I find refers to it as a prime place for grouse in the early season but not so much later in the year due to the birds being spooky. I would guess if there is habitat there should be pheasants there, but did not know if the cold weather might force them out of the more open habitat.

Looking forward to the trip, gonna be cold but I hope that sends the ducks to Arkansas and they will be there when we get back.

Thanks for this website and the great info.

Back