Lakin Area on 11/25

Houston54

I currently have plans to hunt some private land in the Lakin area on this day. Right now it is just myself, my Cajun hunting buddy and our pups. If there are any locals in that area who want to meet up and walk some fields send me a PM. If you have some access to add to the mix that would be a plus. Experienced, ethical and safe hunters only.

Can anyone give me a condition/bird report for the area between Lakin and Syracuse? It has been a few years since I was that far west and it was very thin cover then in the CRP.

Will be heading to the Hugoton/Woods/Liberal area for the 26th-28th. If there are hunters in that area that would like to make a group let me know.

Lakin Hunting

Weather all summer has been favorable. A couple of bands of hail went through north of Lakin in June and early July. Probably effected bird populations in the immediate area. My road side assessment is good overall bird population, grass is better than it has been for a couple of years. Hunting should be better than it has been. As long as we don't see warm weather, I think you should find birds. :)

I have been hearing that all day on the radio, now I check with the Weather Channel and they are saying 40 degrees and showers. I want snow.:mad:

Back