Lake Poinsett Fishing/Boating

Labman

Heading to Lake Poinsett and wondering if its worth bringing a boat along to go fishing or boating in general. I see the maximum depth is only 20' on this 8500 acre lake. Can anyone give me any information regarding this lake? Thanks

It can be a pretty good lake. Don't let the depth fool you it can get hot for eyes. It is worth looking into. What did you have in mind?

Every year my family has a family reunion on Labor Day weekend. Were always looking for family friendly resorts somewhat in the middle of all of us which happens to be Western MN/Eastern SD area. We've gone to many different resorts/lakes, and just haven't found the perfect area yet. Kid friendly, good fishing, and all that stuff. Last year we went to Lake Shetek near Slayton MN. Very kid friendly, huge lake, but the maximum depth is 10'. Not very good fishing for us men or the kids. We did like Roy Lake in SD, but for some reason it wasn't friendly enough because of some drop off or something right outside our cabin. Caught a 5 lb. largemouth there though. I think we'll go back to Roy Lake soon. This year though, is Lake Poinsett. Not very good information on the internet for Lake Poinsett. So if I'm going to haul our 18' tracker 4 hours or so, I'd like the lake to be worth hauling it 4 hours. Good/decent fishing for the men/kids, safe lake to boat on as far as not being trees or boulders popping out of the water, etc.

Back