Kinda slow

qwerksc

Slow on this forum, but there were some birds in the field. Had a good opener with enough contact to make the dogs happy. One rooster took the magic pellet, good time and great weather.

Gonna head out for a little walk with the dogs tomorrow. Seems like the refuge system is immune to the 'Rona. Newsome don't hunt!

Hunted the first day at local wildlife refuge. First day was real tough jist like last year. Too dry and the refuge was behind last year flooding fields for ducks. The birds are running way out in front. I watched several birds flee way out in front. Tje last part of ladt season was very good after fields were flooded and we had that rain to hold the birds

I'm gonna say it right here, even though there are no pheasants in Ca and if you do see em they are all very small and weak. NaCl Slough for Sunday, Gustine for Saturday. I heard a big crew put a dent in the population on Saturday, in Gustine, 10 guys pushing the fields, team work. This intel is no mystery, just putting in the time and effort.

I'm gonna say it right here, even though there are no pheasants in Ca and if you do see em they are all very small and weak. NaCl Slough for Sunday, Gustine for Saturday. I heard a big crew put a dent in the population on Saturday, in Gustine, 10 guys pushing the fields, team work. This intel is no mystery, just putting in the time and effort.
Where in Gustine? I hunted China Island and no one got anything opening morning

I was at china in the afternoon, saw guys with 2 birds, they said they saw 4 other roosters taken. i knocked one down and the armor plated bugger ran off. We jumped 2 hens and one rooster, guys hunting doves all over. We had two dogs hammering the bush.

I was at china in the afternoon, saw guys with 2 birds, they said they saw 4 other roosters taken. i knocked one down and the armor plated bugger ran off. We jumped 2 hens and one rooster, guys hunting doves all over. We had two dogs hammering the bush.
I left by noon. Hardly heard a shot. There are still alot of birds there. I flushed a hen. I saw three pheasants. They ran far ahead and ran over the bank and took off. This week will be even worse. I live on a ranch i own outside gustine. We really didnt get any rain last night. I think last year eight roosters were taken the first day. I imagine the numbers this year are close to that

Back from the field, we had some dog power and three guys. We killed one, jumped 3 roosters and 3 hens, countless quail. another good day in the Grasslands.

We hit Los Banos, 8 miles of thorns and thick bush kicking, the dogs worked hard, not the basic Kick and Shoot.
I'll be at the Pump lot tomorrow, see how things go.

We hit Los Banos, 8 miles of thorns and thick bush kicking, the dogs worked hard, not the basic Kick and Shoot.
I'll be at the Pump lot tomorrow, see how things go.
Good luck. I am going to take the day off. Guys have been dove hunting around my property. I may go next wednesday or saturday

Lots of people out there in the fields, a good thing I guess, the pups and I managed to bag one rooster. We put up three roosters, hit one and the bugger tumbled and ran, killed one, one flushed way wild, as well as six hens. All in all, an excellent in the grasslands.
There were a mess of folks out there enjoying the hunt.

I have a little Jagdterrier and a French Brittany. Wednesday was my last day for wild birds, we had a great day, with lots of birds, one confirmed kill and a pillow case and the bugga ran. Gonna focus on some quail and ducks, maybe a few preserve birds. The dogs had a great season.

I think i might have talked to you on the way out. I was driving out in my truck and you were heading out in the fields closest to the entrance

Last edited:
Back