Kansas in November

njp158

My dad and I are headed to Kanas 11/20 to 11/27. Looking to get a few more guys and dogs to go with us. We will be hunting WIHA and knocking on doors. If anyone is interested shoot me a message and I can give you some more information.

What part of the state are you hunting? My little group and I will arrive on the 27th.

BobM

Our general plan is to hunt the N.W. part of the state until probably Thanksgiving. Then we are planning to head to the S.W. part of the state for quail. We don't have an exact plan and haven't booked any hotel rooms yet so we are still pretty open.

I'll be in the SE area of the state that week....I'll be staying in Joplin, Mo and Grove, OK but I'd be willing to head west a bit. I'll have my GSP with me. Gonna try and get her some birds for her first season.

-John

Will be in the northwest part of the state the whole week of Thanksgiving with or without my one and only hunting partner, my 72 yo step-dad. Can't imagine hunting with out him. Hope he's up to it this year.

Hey Bob M. or others !

If you or anyone else is looking to expand your group size a bit it looks like my son's high school football playoff games will likely screw up my plan "A" - South Dakota and Kansas trip that's set for 11/13-11/25.

Plan "B" will be to hunt Kansas 11/29 till 12/7 but I am losing my group so I'll likely be heading out solo . I have hunted North central Kansas for over 15 years and while I do not have private ground I do know the walk in areas well and have some sweet spots that are usually productive. I usually stay and hunt around the Cawker City/Glen Elder area.

I'm a very safety conscious bird hunter of over 30 years and have two labs.

Anyone interested in discussing possible plans to meet up let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Bob M. or others !

If you or anyone else is looking to expand your group size a bit it looks like my son's high school football playoff games will likely screw up my plan "A" - South Dakota and Kansas trip that's set for 11/13-11/25.

Plan "B" will be to hunt Kansas 11/29 till 12/7 but I am losing my group so I'll likely be heading out solo . I have hunted North central Kansas for over 15 years and while I do not have private ground I do know the walk in areas well and have some sweet spots that are usually productive. I usually stay and hunt around the Cawker City/Glen Elder area.

I'm a very safety conscious bird hunter of over 30 years and have two labs.

Anyone interested in discussing possible plans to meet up let me know.

Thanks.

Hey Brad,

Please keep me in mind if you need an extra with his own dog. I just purchased a contourHD camera and would like to see if I can get some shots of my dog working. It would be a good way to film your dog too if you want.

KS Hunt

I will throw my name in the hat also. I have three labs from 4 to 7 years old, well trained and lots of experience.

Let me know if you need two guys and great dogs.

Thanks!

Back