Kansas changing season dates in 2009

You will also notice that for 2008 the quail season will end on January 31, 2009, the same date as the pheasant will end. This is the way it was for decades, I would guess, until they changed it a few years ago. That is a positive move(IMHO) to a date that worked.

Since we are talking about Kansas seasons, I would remind the out-of-state hunters that usually around the middle of December, KDWP will begin selling the next year's license. What this means is if you will not be able to make the earlier seasons, you can come in late December, buy next year's license, hunt the remainder of the year and then be good for all the following year. A good deal.:thumbsup:

Those of you that are Kansas residents should look at lifetime licenses(both hunting and fishing) if you don't have one. This is the best deal that I have ever heard of and I am not aware of any states that have a better program. There is even a quarterly payment plan(8 payments) until it is paid and if you have made your current payment, you are licensed until the next payment is due.:10sign:

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

I am happy to hear that the season dates are returning to our traditional 2nd weekend of Nov. I also like the closing dates being the same. I can't wait until it is time to go. I'm getting ready for some dove hunting/pheasant scouting in September.

Definately get lifetime hunting licenses! They aren't going to get any cheaper and neither are the single season licenses. If you move to another state, your lifetime license is still good. You won't have to buy a non-resident license.

Last edited:
Back