Ironsided Hunting

BritChaser

Does anyone know how best to enable wheelchair-bound folks to upland hunt? A hunting pal's paraplegic son wants to bird hunt with his dad. Dad is thinking of having him hunt from a Polaris Ranger ATV. Any suggestions will help.

I wonder if some of these commercial upland hunting outfits could develop a program for ironsided hunters using special frontloaders or ATVs that would hold a wheelchair or the hunter.

I would think a person could build a chair to attach to the front of an atv to allow the person to be a more active participant. After all whatchin the dogs is the best part of the hunt.................Just sayin

I would think a person could build a chair to attach to the front of an atv to allow the person to be a more active participant. After all whatchin the dogs is the best part of the hunt.................Just sayin

I agree. The big part of the thrill upland hunting is the hunting part with the dogs out front, the points, and all.

Disability hunting...

Have a friend that hunts SD with a son that's disabled. I believe he can't walk, hence he's a poster most of the time. I don't believe he has an ATV, but then one wonders how he manages to get to his post. Will pursue more info if you wish.

Jon

Good Tips re Ironsided Hunting

Thank you all for your excellent suggestions.

Back