Iowa: Wtb 20 or 28 gauge auto (or o/u) & Benelli 12ga

Shawk

Looking to pick something up for my daughter for next season in 20ga (or possibly 28ga). I'm leaning towards a M2 or Affinity at this point but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has something they're looking to unload. Need something in that 22"-26" length tops. May be ok with a compact model as well but prefer something in a standard configurations. Also may be open to a 20 or 28 ga over/under. Price range & brand is open depending on the model.

I've got a Benelli bug for the first time... so I'm also looking for a newer/new Benelli 12ga autos with a 24"-26" barrel.

Thanks!

I don't I have anything I want to part with right now but I spent a lot of time looking for the exact thing this summer.
I ended up buying a used Franchi Veloce Squire. It is a 2 barrel set on a 20 gauge frame. Mine has 28" 20 gauge barrels and 26" 28 gauge barrels. I haven't shot the 28 gauge much just a few boxes at doves but I did shoot the 20 all season on pheasants. I am very happy with the gun. I don't know how often they come up for sale but it may be something worth looking into. Good luck! I always enjoy gun shopping, when my wife will let me. You might try giving John Dahl in Fairfield a call he had a few used Beretta's in 28 when I was looking. His number is 641-472-5762 I believe he is only open Friday nights and Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Thanks RH! I'll check 'em out... sounds interesting. I did handle a Franchi SL ?? in the store, and seams like a pretty decent value.

My 14 daughter shoots my Benelli-M-2 20 Ga , she has used it on Ducks and Turkeys .

Nice gun , light enough and with the Comfor-tech stock does a decent job soaking up recoil .

If you are going to be in the Topeka Ks area youand your daughter are welcome to shoot our M-2 20 or 12 .

My 14 daughter shoots my Benelli-M-2 20 Ga , she has used it on Ducks and Turkeys .

Nice gun , light enough and with the Comfor-tech stock does a decent job soaking up recoil .

If you are going to be in the Topeka Ks area youand your daughter are welcome to shoot our M-2 20 or 12 .

Thanks... If we were closer, I'd take you up on that and get a little hunting in too. ;) The M2 is probably the route I'll go... :)

Check out the Weatherby SA-08 models in 20 or 28 gauge. Picked up a used one in 28 and that started my 28 bug; very affordable. Had to have a 28 in the Browning Citori English stock to complement my 12 and 20 gauge in the same models. That is all I shot this fall when I went to Kansas and it was deadly on pheasants and quail!
The 28 gauge is way "over looked" by many thinking it doesn't have the knock down power. Load it with the Fiocchi golden pheasant 2 3/4" in #6 and your good to go.
Cheers,
Wolf

Back